it is a high damage weapon with wide swings and an AoE special attack. It also reaches nearly as far as the spear, and nearly as wide as the Sword and Shield. The trade off is that it's also the slowest weapon to swing in the game and also confers a speed penalty when equipped. With wide swings and a lot of power, it's the best weapon at killing and keeping a large number of enemies at bay.
Will cannot move during his special charge, but it charges fairly quickly.
As for pairing, with the weapon swap trick the Swords and Shields and the Gloves make excellent combo weapons to allow the third hit of the Big Sword to come out faster. The Bows also helps deal with faster enemies at range. Due to having roughly the same reach as the Spears, that makes a poor pairing.
- Hit 1: A wide slash that arcs in front of Will.
- Hit 2: A wider slash then Hit 1 coming from the opposite direction.
- Finisher: A wide slash going the same direction as Hit 1. This hit moves Will nearly twice as far as the other hits.
After a brief charge, Will swings the sword around himself in a full circle. This move hits for double damage and can hit twice per charge. Will has invincibility while swinging. He will not take any damage, and will not trigger breakable floors if pushed onto them.
- Each enchantment requires 3 Empowering Crystals
- It costs 1,000 gold to enchant the Training Big Sword (3,000 gold total and 9 Empowering Crystals to get to "+++")
- It costs 16,000 gold to enchant a Tier 1 weapon (48,000 gold total to get to "+++")
- It costs 32,000 gold to enchant a Tier 2 weapon (96,000 gold total)
- It costs 64,000 gold to enchant a Tier 3 weapon (192,000 gold total)
- It costs 128,000 gold to enchant a Tier 4 weapon (384,000 gold total)
List of Big Swords
Note that all Big Swords have a -10 Speed penalty while equipped.
|Weapon Name||Tier||Base Damage||Damage +||Damage ++||Damage +++||Path||Special|
|Training Big Sword||0||25||32||39||46|
|Buster Big Sword||1||62||86||110||134||Top|
|Rock Big Sword||1||50||74||98||122||Bottom||Stun|
|Wild Big Sword||2||185||210||235||260||Top|
|Toxic Big Sword||2||135||160||185||210||Bottom||Poison|
|Vulcan Big Sword||3||310||336||362||388||Top|
|Blaze Big Sword||3||215||241||267||293||Bottom||Burn|
|Fusion Big Sword||4||500||531||562||593||Top|
|Storm Big Sword||4||375||406||437||468||Bottom||Shock|
Between Dimensions DLC
The Between Dimensions DLC adds 5 new big swords to the game. These become available to craft after defeating the boss of the Unknown Dungeon, with their recipes located below the other big swords.
|Icon||Weapon Name||Base Damage|
|Ragnarok Big Sword||775|
|Ragnarok Big Sword II||1200|
|Ragnarok Big Sword III||1860|
|Ragnarok Big Sword IV||2886|
|Ragnarok Big Sword V||4473|
|Heavy Warrior||Craft All Big Swords|