it is a medium damage weapon with a conical long range attack in-front of Will, and a charge special attack. The spear is also the 2nd slowest weapon in the game, only beating out the Big Sword. The spear offers excellent range and knockback to keep enemies at bay.
Once the special attack is fully charged, Will can turn in any direction to start the charge (Changing the direction before the charge is complete will reset the charge). After activation, Will can be moved side to side for better aim. This is similar to the Glove Special attack, except that it lasts much longer.
As for pairing with the weapon swap trick, the Glove makes a great pairing, as it allows to swap into the long range finishers, and in general supports the slow attack speed of the spear. The Sword and Shield also pairs well and an extremely defensive pairing. The Bow and Big Sword are additional long range weapons that do not offer as much support.
- Hit 1: A forward thrust.
- Hit 2: The same forward thrust as Hit 1.
- Finisher: A slightly longer thrust that deals double damage and extra knockback.
After a long charge time, Wills charges forward with the spear and finishes with a thrust. Both the charge and final thrust can hit, dealing double damage. Will has invulnerability while charging.
- Each enchantment requires 3 Empowering Crystals
- It costs 1,000 gold to enchant the Training Spear (3,000 gold total and 9 Empowering Crystals to get to "+++")
- It costs 16,000 gold to enchant a Tier 1 weapon (48,000 gold total to get to "+++")
- It costs 32,000 gold to enchant a Tier 2 weapon (96,000 gold total)
- It costs 64,000 gold to enchant a Tier 3 weapon (192,000 gold total)
- It costs 128,000 gold to enchant a Tier 4 weapon (384,000 gold total)
List of Spears
|Weapon Name||Tier||Damage||Damage +||Damage ++||Damage +++||Path||Special|
|Golem Drill Spear||1||40||64||88||112||Bottom||Stun|
|Venom Sting Spear||2||110||135||160||185||Bottom||Poison|
|Lightning Rod Spear||4||300||331||362||393||Bottom||Shock|
Between Dimensions DLC
The Between Dimensions DLC adds 5 new spears to the game. These become available to craft after defeating the boss of the Unknown Dungeon, with their recipes located below the other spears.
|Icon||Weapon Name||Base Damage|
|Valkyrie Spear II||960|
|Valkyrie Spear III||1488|
|Valkyrie Spear IV||2300|
|Valkyrie Spear V||4473*|
*This is likely a developer oversight, as it has the same damage values as the Ragnarok Big Sword.
|Piercing Warrior||Craft All Spears|