Swords and Shields
The sword and shield is a medium damage weapon with a defensive option of using the shield to block attacks. While there is a bit of time after the swing animation to be able to roll away, Will can put his shield up almost instantly after an attack ends.
Will can also move while holding his shield, allowing him to move into position without the risk of getting damaged, but he cannot change direction. It would be best to roll away from an enemy if you place your shield in the wrong direction. After taking some hits, the shield will stop blocking and Will will be pushed back a large distance, and can even take damage if the hit is big enough.
If Will puts up his shield at the same time as making contact with an enemy, a parry can occur that will push the enemy back.
- Hit 1: A slash that arcs in front of Will.
- Hit 2: The same slash from Hit 1 going the other direction.
- Finisher: A slash going the same direction as Hit 1, with double damage and extra knockback.
Each hit moves Will the same amount.
Will puts up his shield while the button is being held in. Will cannot attack until the shield is away, but he can roll as soon as the shield button is let go. Use this to escape hits you won't be able to block. His shield can take two hits before Will leaps back from the impact.
- Each enchantment requires 3 Empowering Crystals
- It costs 1,000 gold to enchant the Training Short Sword (3,000 gold total and 9 Empowering Crystals to get to "+++")
- It costs 16,000 gold to enchant a Tier 1 weapon (48,000 gold total to get to "+++")
- It costs 32,000 gold to enchant a Tier 2 weapon (96,000 gold total)
- It costs 64,000 gold to enchant a Tier 3 weapon (192,000 gold total)
- It costs 128,000 gold to enchant a Tier 4 weapon (384,000 gold total)
List of Swords[edit | edit source]
|Icon||Weapon Name||Tier||Base Damage||Damage +||Damage ++||Damage +++||Path||Special|
|Training Short Sword||0||20||27||34||41||-|
|Soldier Short Sword||1||50||74||98||122||Top|
|Rusty Short Sword||1||40||64||88||112||Bottom||Stun|
|Knight Short Sword||2||150||175||200||225||Top|
|Venom Short Sword||2||110||135||160||185||Bottom||Poison|
|Commander Short Sword||3||250||276||302||328||Top|
|Reborn Short Sword||3||175||201||227||253||Bottom||Burn|
|King Short Sword||4||400||431||462||493||Top|
|Vampire Short Sword||4||300||331||362||393||Bottom||Shock|
Between Dimensions DLC[edit | edit source]
The Between Dimensions DLC adds 5 new swords and shields to the game. These become available to craft after defeating the boss of the Unknown Dungeon, with their recipes located below the other swords and shields.
|Icon||Weapon Name||Base Damage|
|Ether Sable II||960|
|Ether Sable III||1488|
|Ether Sable IV||2300|
|Ether Sable V||3500|
Nintendo Switch Exclusive[edit | edit source]
The Nintendo Switch port of the game includes an exclusive sword and shield set. Each upgrade level has identical stats to the top-path swords and shields of the same tier. This means that they are functionally reskins.
|Icon||Weapon Name||Tier||Base Damage||Damage +||Damage ++||Damage +++|
|Hero's Sword II||2||150||175||200||225|
|Hero's Sword III||3||250||276||302||328|
|Hero's Sword IV||4||400||431||462||493|
See also[edit | edit source]