Hi! I’m Héctor, one of the Fandom Community Managers. I’m here to talk with you about the upcoming changes we will experiment on the wikis when the new UCX will be released. As a result, we’ll have to adapt the current content - mainly the design and implemented code - to ensure they’re compatible and operational.
Specifically talking, the UCX will mainly affect the Frontpage, the design (logo, background, favicon, themes), the CSS/JS used and some templates that should adapt their look to it. While the wiki will still be migrated some weeks later, I’m here to work alongside you to anticipate all the work regarding review, improvements and adaptation to the new skin.
If you agree, I’ll start soon, reviewing the mentioned elements and describing to you what work should be done. For the case of the design, I can work with the future version, that will be working once the wiki will be migrated. Regarding the frontpage, templates and the code, I can work and implement the changes now, to have them properly working both in the present and the future, but having all the changes done in advance.
Let me know if you have any comments about it and we can explore together the upcoming changes. Thanks! --CuBaN VeRcEttI (Contact) 17:01, 10 May 2021 (UTC)
- Hi again! I've been doing some tweaks and adjustments, and it seems almost all have been adapted and properly working in the UCX skin. I've been mainly workin on:
- In the frontpage I added the CSS style it had in Hydra.css, but in the new fandomdesktop.css, making some adjustments to adapt the colors in each theme. I also added the code to hide the duplicated header for mobile.
- Using the Theme Designer, I basically created 2 themes (the light theme based in the current design), and I tried to make them compatible with all the current content. I also re-uploaded the background, logo and favicon.
- I also added the style for the infoboxes to fandomdeskptop.css but making it compatible with the dark theme. And I did the same for the tables used in Items and Enemies (loaded from Cargo). --CuBaN VeRcEttI (Contact) 16:02, 17 May 2021 (UTC)
- Thank you! I would have been happy to help if I'd known you were starting, haha. Do you know if we have access to the Fandom infobox designer on the Gamepedia side by chance? Might be a good time to update some old infoboxes too, although I can take care of that. Ferthi (talk) 17:20, 17 May 2021 (UTC)
- Sorry, I wasn't aware about your last message. The portable infoboxes aren't currently available for the Gamepedia wikis due to a known bug that it's ticketed but not solved yet. We'll have to wait a bit for it.
- And by the way, use some days to explore the new skin and how your wiki looks, especially if it's properly shown with both themes. If you think it's 100% ready, feel free to go to the Admin Dashboard and click on the Mark as Ready button. It implies your confirmation the wiki is ready and can be migrated when its turn will come. Thanks for everything! CuBaN VeRcEttI (Contact) 07:28, 11 June 2021 (UTC)
Hello again! As we announced in our last blog post, we started the migration of the first batch of wikis to the UCX some days ago. Your wiki wasn’t migrated yet because you weren’t marked it as ready in the Admin Dashboard, but we expect to migrate a second batch of wikis in the next few days, including yours. Do you have any concrete blocker for this? I already worked on the adaptation of the wiki, so theoretically it shouldn’t have any critical blocker to stop the migration. Thanks! --CuBaN VeRcEttI (Contact) 10:29, 6 July 2021 (UTC)
- Hey Hector! Sorry, I didn't see the last message about marking as ready XD I don't see why we wouldn't be good to go, so should be fine. As an aside, any updates on when I can make use of the fandom infobox builder-type setup, or are we still restricted to old school gamepedia infobox table builds? Ferthi (talk) 16:14, 6 July 2021 (UTC)
- Awesome! I've marked it as ready! Regarding the infoboxes, AFAIK is a known and ticketed bug, so I assume they won't be ready until the bug will be fixed. And, with the UCX migration in progress, this is not a priority and I don't know when it will be solved. CuBaN VeRcEttI (Contact) 16:21, 6 July 2021 (UTC)